Welcome to the HYDRO SIMULATOR!
This exercise simulates a situation that you might encounter in
your everyday forecast work. The simulator contains hydrological and
meteorological data and forecasts.
You will be required to issue forecasts and warnings.
Tasks will appear on the left side of the screen at 12:05 and you will be
prompted to make decisions regarding warnings and alerts for civil
To control the animations (play, stop, previous, next, etc.) use the buttons above the images:
Recommendations for better experience during the simulation and known bugs:
- Use Firefox (not mandatory, but recommended)
- Do NOT click F5 or hit the 'Refresh' button in the web browser as the simulator will start from the beginning
- When the clock strikes full hour and your image queue doesn't refresh (you don't get new data) click again on that specific data or click on something else and then again on your desired data
- When trying to access specific material and the button seems as not working, click again on that specific data or click on something else and then again on your desired data
- (When using Chrome and when in the main simulator window) When the shift ends you have to click multiple times on 'OK' button on top of the screen to be transferred to the Conclusion / Summary page
Enjoy your simulated shift!